Home Remedies for Headache Causes treatment and types
- By : Good Health
- Category : Home Remedies
- Tags: headache behind eyes, headache in back of head, headache rack, headache relief, headache remedy, headache types, headaches in pregnancy, home remedies for headache and dizziness, home remedies for headache and fever, home remedies for headache and nausea, home remedies for headache behind eyes, home remedies for headache due to cold, home remedies for headache while pregnant, home remedies for headaches and high blood pressure, home remedies for headaches and neck pain
Home Remedies for Headache
Headaches are characterized by a feeling of tenseness in the neck, shoulder, and scalp whereas migraines are basically pulsating headaches, often one side of the head.
It is essential to avoid a headache causing substances like monosodium glutamate, caffeine, alcohol, phenyl ethylamine found in chocolates and cheese, tyramine found in nuts and fermented meat and soy, and aspartame present in many artificially sweetened foods. If you start getting a headache, stop using mobile phones, laptop, and TV. Eat healthily and at regular intervals. Always stay hydrated.
Here are few remedies to cure headaches at home.
Ginger is a home remedy for instant relief. It helps reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, hence easing the pin. And since it stimulates digestion, it also helps quell nausea which occurs during migraines. Have ginger root with tea, or mix equal parts of ginger juice with lemon juice and consume it twice a day.
2. Peppermint oil
With its refreshing scent, peppermint helps open up clogged blood vessels which cause headaches. It contains menthol which helps regulate blood flow in the body. Mix 3 drops of peppermint oil in 1 tablespoon of almond oil, or just a little water and then massage the temples or the back of your neck with it.
3. Lavender oil
– not only it has beautiful fragrance but also acts as a great remedy to cure headaches. Simply smelling the soothing scent of lavender essential oils helps, so you can just put few drops on a tissue and inhale it.
– it is a magical spice that can treat headaches. Take the cinnamon powder and mix it with water to make a thick paste. Apply it on your forehead and temples and lie down for 30 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
– toss back some almonds. For everyday tension type headaches, almonds can be the natural remedy and a healthier alternative to other medicine. It acts as a pain reliever because it contains salicin, which is also an agent popular over the counter killers. Try eating the handful of these nuts when you feel the ache start to set in.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
– mix apple cider vinegar and water in equal amounts and boil the mixture in a covered saucepan. Remove it from heat and, hold a towel over your head and slowly inhale the steam. This will provide instant relief from sinus headaches.
7. Basil leaves
– it is a strongly scented herb which is used for many headache treatments. It has many analgesic benefits. Put 3-4 basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it simmer. Add a little honey and sip the tea slowly. You can also chew some fresh basil leaves, or inhale the steam after boiling them in a pot of water.
Headaches are a common problem of day-to-day life. Minor headaches caused due to stress or tension or work overload can be cured by the above-mentioned remedies. But if you have headaches for the longer period of time or if they affect you frequently them you should make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.